Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2006 honda civic. I recently failed an

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2006 honda civic. I recently failed an emissions test due to the on board computer showing "not ready" and was told to drive around for 100 miles or so until all the monitors are ready. I'm familiar with the drive cycles and all that but my
problem is the tag on the car is already expired and I can't get a temp tag and if I drive around like that I risk getting a ticket or getting the car impounded. So is there any other way to complete this drive cycle ??? It seems to be a catch 22. ...... Out
of the 8 monitors 3 are showing not ready....EVAP....EGR and o2 sensor. Anyway to reset these without putting the car on the highway ? Could I just drive around in my neighborhood lol.
Category: Car
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist no, all the monitors that need to be run require highway speed to run the monitors and re set when the testing is complete. sorry but it is the only way. as you know since you are familiar with the drive cycle. the evap and egr must be at highway speed for a certain time under certain conditions Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about taking the car to a dyno shop ? Could they run thru the drive cycle there ?
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
that is possible but you will be spending a lot of money for that and also will need to run for a good amount of time to run and set the monitors. and this is assuming there is nothing else wrong what were the monitors cleared?? did you have a code and repairs done?? Roy Roy