Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Masrerati coupe 4200: 2005 maserati coupe cambiocorsa has always

Customer Question

2005 maserati coupe cambiocorsa has always started and been fine. Only start a couple times every few months. But today car starts and runs for about 10 to 15 seconds and when it begins to throttle down to idle, dies every time. Starts right back up. But dies exactly the same each time.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Some model vehicles require an idle learn to where the engine computer learns in what position the idle should be at.From what you have described either the throttle body is full of carbon needing cleaned or an idle learn needs performed with a scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle that can do this learn process.I would have the fault codes checked to see if any codes are set as well as the throttle body cleaned and an idle learn performed.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yeah the car is only driven 30 minutes every couple months so i don't think buildup is the problem. It starts perfect and runs smooth as a top. No sputtering, no hesitation, perfect. It just wants to shut off when idling down.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I would still have the throttle body checked for any build up especially in the throttle bore as this will cause this here.If this is found to be o.k. Since it isn't driven very often an idle learn may need done to correct this here.
Thanks Pete