Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair
13677702

Mercedes Benz ML350: , I have quick question. I just changed

Customer Question

Hello, I have quick question. I just changed the oil of my 2006 MB ml 350. By mistake I added the 7 quarts of oil in through where the oil filter cap screws. Is that ok? If not what should I do?
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Is filter in , cap back on, good level reading on the stick?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have not put the filter in yet. I will check the level now...

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The oil level is past minimum. 1/3 to maximum. Should I redo the whole thing? Will it be ok to start like that?

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
It is just fine to start it like this. Although it was incorrect refill, the oil has managed to drin into the pan, all is good, slip filter in, cap on, start, run, recheck level as say after running it 2 minutes, Top oil off, drive till warm or run till warm and do one last recheck, NO harm done,Just not the place to add oiul but does in fact work, it just drains to pan a bit slower thus why my asking for the recheck of level
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yea im actually at 1/2 to maximum now. Will do your recommendation. Ill let you know how it turns out. Thank you very much

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
all will be just fine, you are good, oil in pan, just ned to top off as instructed. One can not hurt anything adding the way you di, just not the norm persay