Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years

Oil light comes on when I slow down and stop then goes off.

Oil light comes on when I slow down and stop then goes off. Been in the shop twice. This time shop changed sensor, but it happen not even an hour later and now the check engine light comes on too. Oil is running fine, and no leaks.?? what up with this.?

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Hi, thank you for asking your question today. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know: -What year is your Car? -What make and model is your Car? -How many miles are on your Car? -What type of engine is in your Car? Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2005 pt cruiser convertible turbo

auto 4speed

7500 miles? around

Ok every time you put the brakes on stopping and coming to a stop it will come on but once stopped and the vehicle settlers the light will go off ?

is it the low oil level or low oil pressure light that will come on ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when I slow down and stop its on, but when I start to go it goes off.

oil level. the little oil can light comes on.

Does this help.. ?

yes thank you

the next step to cut this problem in 1/2 is the shop needs to connect a mechanical oil pressure gauge to the engine where the oil switch is located and drive it and duplicate the condition and see if in fact the oil pressure drops to very low or 0

this will tell us if in fact the engine is loosing oil pressure due to a pick up screen issue off the oil pump or an oil pump issue with this engine

if the test shows the oil pressure is well within specs then

you have an issue with the wiring from the oil switch to the computer

the key to this issue is them connecting an oil pressure gauge to cut this problem right in 1/2