sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 14 years dealership experience

Toyota MR2 Spyder: 2000 MR2 items not working

2000 MR2. All fuses check good but no power to radio,heater fan,cig lighter,gauges. Relays seem okay. No power to left bank of fuses, all center bank have power, and halfway down right bank of fuses.Also checked fuses in engine compartment. All seem good. And power steering not working. All seemed to happen at one time, so I was guessing fuse.
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You've probably lost the turn signals also haven't you?

The fuses that you found without power are all fed by the ignition relay, which is turned on by the ignition switch.

You can try swapping out the ignition relay and see if that helps, relays seldom fail but it doesn't cost anything to swap it and see if that takes care of it.

If that doesn't change anything then some electrical testing will need to be done.

With the key on you should find two terminals at the relay that have power, one that has power all the time and a second that turns on with the ignition switch.

If you're missing the constant power feed then it would have to be a wiring or internal fuse box issue assuming fuses are good.

If you're missing the switched power feed then you'd next need to go to the ignition switch and check for power on the black/yellow wire. If there is no power then check for power on the white/blue wire. If power is ok on the white/blue but there is nothing on the black/yellow then the ignition switch is bad.

sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 14 years dealership experience