Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Jeep GRAND CHEROKEE CRD 3LT: I have a jeep grand cherokee 3lt

I have a jeep grand cherokee 3lt crd 2006. It is at rola motors somerset west . At first it just went into limp mode and low oil pressure .They said the compter had gone,the sensor on exhaust back pressure was faulity. The air flow main valve ,and air sensor was also faulty .every thing was replaced and all was well . A month later the motor just cuts out with no gaudge indication. Only the little engine light appears between the main gaudges. it stars immediately and goes well and at no given time just cuts out . I had a call from rolla motors saying all six injectors are faulty and have to be replaced at a cost off R40000. CAN ALL SIX INJECTORS GO AT ONCE ??
The jeep is in excellent condition and when i asked for a trade in they offered me R30000 .A INSULT.Please can you help with pain .
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most likely all 6 injectors have not failed at the same time.The only way I see this as possible to fail all at once is if debris had made it through the fuel filter into each injector and damaged them.They may have found one or two at fault and they may be recommending all 6 to be replaced at the same time as some manufactures recommend this.

Most vehicles use a crank position sensor and if this model is equipped with one (my info is limited on this here) this is a common component that can cause the stall out you have described here.

I would speak with them to see if they had checked this to see if this sensor is causing this possibly.This would be a cheaper component to replace then putting in all new injectors and is common for this issue.

If they say it does need injectors you might want to ask how they tested to find out this is the case here with all of them failing at once like this.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete