Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Porsche 911 Carrera: how do I reset right front side warning

how do I reset right front side warning light porsche(NNN) NNN-NNNN(replaced the front side light-warning light still on)
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is a warning light to let you know a certain light is out on the vehicle and you have replaced the light bulb to correct this make sure the correct bulb is being used.If you are using one that has a different wattage then what it should be this will cause the warning to remain on like this.

If you have installed the correct bulb for this vehicle and the warning is still on let me know and we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bulb is correct. I did disconnect the battery to reset the computer but the warning light is still on. The light is working but the warning light remains on

Are there any other lights that are out on the vehicle and do you know for sure all bulbs in the exterior lights are the correct bulbs?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No lights are out-all lights are working (all are correct bulbs)-just the warning light is on inside, on the dash.

O.k.,this message should turn off when the lights are all working properly on its own with no special reset needed.I would try and operate all lights with the engine running several times and see if this message resets.

If it does not I suspect an internal electrical fault in the exterior lighting control module as this module monitors and controls the lighting signals.I have seen this fail before in the past on some of these and had to replace it to correct this.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I replace this module?

When this module is replaced the dealers hand held scan tool/computer is needed as it needs to read out coding and options to transfer into the new module in order for it to operate properly in your vehicle here.

This module is located under the hood on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete