Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Mazda 6: goog evening. I carried my 2009 mazda 6 to get an

goog evening. I carried my 2009 mazda 6 to get an alarm installed today. however, after the person disconnected the first of four terminals in the smart key receiver module located under the instrument panel close to the driver's door hinge, the car refused to start. Both the push start button and the key light on the instrument cluster illuminated red. He disconnected the battery terminal to reset the system however light initially illuminates green then changes red. the car still is not starting.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the terminals that were removed had possibly shorted together this may have caused an internal electrical issue within a control unit/computer itself.I would see if reinstalling the terminals corrects this problem.If it does then it needs to be verified the correct terminals are being removed and the correct alarm system (one that is compatible with this vehicle) is being used as I have seen some after market alarm systems cause issues electronically before.

If the vehicle still has this issue even when wired back to factory then I would have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes have set.This would need to be done using a scan tool that can communicate with all computers in this vehicle.

If any codes have set they would need to be diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.I suspect either an incorrect alarm is being used for this vehicle or it is wired incorrectly.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how do I reset the vehicle once it is in the fail safe mode. Apparently that is the problem.

You would need to have the fault codes read out with a scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can communicate with your vehicles computers.Once these are read out then they can be diagnosed and repaired and/or cleared to reset the fail safe mode.

Thanks Pete