Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.

while driving on highway at 70 mph, the engine starts to slowly

while driving on highway at 70 mph, the engine starts to slowly shut down. I JUST bought this car- what can I do?
Hi, thank you for asking your question today. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The car is a 2010 Ford Fusion. There were 78,000 + miles when it was purchased. I just turn off the car for about a minute, then start it up again.

What is very common on this vehicle is the throttle body control motor goes out. The only way to repair it is to replace the throttle body assembly. The part number is XXXXX and retails for $176.22 and labor will be approximately $150 - $200 to replace depending on the shop's labor rate. Being you just purchased this vehicle, I would absolutely recommend to return to the dealer and speak with the sales manager and try to get him to cover the cost of repair. Ford corporation is actually currently involved in litigation over this exact issue because it happens to every Fusion and Escape out there. There is no outcome as of yet, so the dealer's staff may not even know about the law suit at this time.
Thank you for the positive rating. It is very much appreciated. Please let me know if I can assist further.