K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

What is the best, XXXXX XXXXX most reliable after-market

What is the best, XXXXX XXXXX most reliable after-market car seat warmer/heater?
Hello, are you interested in the kind that sits on top of the seat or the on that installs under the seat cover?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Probably the kind that fits over the seat because it is a gift, but I wasn't aware that there was an alternative......I would consider the installed type!
For over the seat heaters you can't go wrong with Wagan brand. Click here to see the various models they have (scroll down some you'll see the table) For under the seat warmers I highly recommend this model by dorman. I've installed many of these and they work great.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Both look good online. Do you know if the Wagan one is comfortable? How is the Dorman installed - in the seat or over the seat or what? Does a place like PEP Boys sell and/or install these?
The Wagan with lumbar support is very comfortable. The dorman warmer requires the factory seat cover to be partially removed and the heating element is then installed just like a factory heated seat. It can then be hardwired to the vehicle or connected to a cigarette lighter plug for power.
I'm not sure if Pep Boys does those types of installations. Mostly auto body shops and auto electric shops do that type of work. Depending on the type of vehicle the cost to install the under seat warmers is around 100-150. A person with patience and common tools can do it in a few hours.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your input!!