Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Mazda RX-8: Hello, I seem to get power loss when the engine

I seem to get power loss when the engine is warm, when i start the car the engine seems nice and "whippy" though once it has been driven a while or been driven with a little spirit it seems to drop power, do you have any ideas on that?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your check engine light has come on at all with this fault here the first thing that needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out using a scan tool that can communicate with this vehicles computers.Once the code(s) have been read out then they can be diagnosed as to what is at fault and repaired from there.

I have seen in some cases a restricted exhaust cause an issue like this or low fuel pressure/lack of fuel to the engine.It would be a good idea if no codes are set to have the back pressure of the exhaust tested as well as fuel pressure and supply to see if either of these are an issue due to a restricted exhaust component or possibly restricted fuel filter or weak pump.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete