Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.
29613880

Mazda Tribute: Can you tell me why my car will not allow me

Can you tell me why my car will not allow me to turn my ignition switch at all. I have tried turning the stearing wheel and depressing the brake. My battery is not dead. I am clueless!!!
There are only 2 possible problems that would cause this issue. Either the key itself is worn to the point that the ignition switch does not recognizes, or, more likely, the ignition switch is worn and needs to be replaced. You will need to have the vehicle towed into a dealer for repairs. I strongly urge you to use a dealer vs. an independent shop just in case the key will need to be replaced or programmed (in the case of a new ignition switch.) Be sure to take all keys and remotes with you as the dealer will need all of them to perform the repair.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

Thank you for the positive rating. It is very much appreciated. Please let me know if I can assist further.