Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years

Transmission will not go in reverse, but goes forward ok.

you only need 1 post. If you like I will opt out for someone else but you have already posted 3 times.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have not seen any response except this one telling us we have already posted 3 times. I do not know how this question was posted 3 times but would love to get the answer to my question. Can you help me get to your answer, please?

ok, must be a glitch in the system. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today

the transmission has clutches and bands internally to control forward moving and backing up. it is controlled by hydraulic pressure from the front pump.

the fact that you have forward gears tells us that your front pump is good. there is a failure in reverse for either a band issue or burned clutches. the unit will have to be removed and inspected for the failure and will most likely result in a re build.