George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist
13574682

just installed new headlamps with bulbs included. One lamp is on low the other is on high

just installed new headlamps with bulbs included. One lamp is on low the other is on high beams. When i but the bright lights on the one on high goes low the other high.

Hello I will help you with your question,

It is possible the bulbs were mis wired or the connector is reversed, try swapping the bulbs and see if the problem reverses, if it does track which bulb lights low when low is selected and replace the other bulb.

Please let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the bulbs came with the head lights do you think the wrong bulbs were factory oops!

Could be, if these are replacement lamps then it could have a manufacturing defect. Do you have your old bulbs? If so don't touch the glass of the bulb with your fingers but swap the bulbs in and see if that solves the problem.

Let m e know so I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

got to wait until the wife get home and I'll try then and get back to you

Great, let me know what you find and how I can help

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i tried evething you told me with no results

You have one that works correctly right?

What happens when you move that one to the other side? Is it still working correctly or is it now incorrect?

What happens when you install the old lights? Do they work correctly or do you still have one high and one low?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i did the above and i still have one bright light and one low light. When put the high beams on it lower the high one and lowers the other.

And do the old lights work the same? One high and one low?

Did the lights do this before you replaced them?

Have you done any other wiring changes to the headlamp system?

Please be as descriptive as possible, I am not there to see what is happening so I need you to be my eyes.

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the old were fine.the lights were fine. the old ones were fine until i installed the new headlamps. no other wiring with headlamps.

Check the connectors and tell me if the red/black stripe wire is in the same place on both connectors? If you hold them facing you with the single connector on top the red/black should be on the left.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

give me some time and i will try it

OK, I will be here

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YES! IT WORKS. THANK YOU. IF IT GOES SIDEWAYS AGAIN WILL THIS INFO BE AT HAND?

Great! Your question here is always open for you to post to so just bookmark it and when you make a post here I am notified.

Let me know if you have further questions

Thank you