wrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Master Certified, ASE Master Certified, 32 years exp, GM Hybrid Certified, GM Mark of Excellence

Hi I have a Pontiac G6 2008 and I have received messages on

Hi I have a Pontiac G6 2008 and I have received messages on dash that it needs service then the light will come on. Is this something to get looked at?
hello and welcome, which light is coming on? is the light that is coming yellow in color?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is the Traction Control light and yes it is yellow.

Ok, this warning light is tied to the antilock brake system. the traction control system uses the brake system and the engine control module to control wheel slip in slick driving conditions. with this light coming on, you could have several possibilities. there could be a problem with the engine system or the brake system. both the engine control module and the engine control modules will have to be scanned for trouble codes to start a proper diag. this requires end scan tool to pull codes from the brake system.

if there is anything you don't understand, or you have more questions, Please feel free to ask me

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much ! I will call now and try to get it check out ASAP.

you are very welcome!!

Thanks for using JA and Have a great weekend!!