Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.

I have a 2004 g35 coupe 6mt...when I shut the drivers door

I have a 2004 g35 coupe 6mt...when I shut the driver's door the the driver's window rolls down a half an inch, then when I pull the door handle the window will rolls down like an inch each time I pull the handle... If I use the key to roll the window down feature the passenger's rolls down fine but the driver side only rolls in two inch increments each time I turn the key....Any thoughts Anybody ?
Hi, my name isXXXXX apologize for the wait. It sounds like the window motor has lost it's initialization. Try this procedure and see if you can initialize the window.

Close the doors and turn on the ignition.

Press and hold the window switch until the window is all the way down and continue to hold the switch an additional 3 seconds.

Pull and hold the window switch until the window is all the way up and continue to hold the switch an additional 3 seconds.

Check the operation of the window.

Let me know how yo make out.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No Marty it didn't work...I even took the door panel off and did the correct procedure for resetting it from the window motor....To no avail...Every time that I pull the door handle the window rolls down 2 inches...

what gives ? Anymore suggestions ?

Thank you in advance

Hi John, can you give me some background on this problem? Did the battery go dead or was the window motor replaced?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes the battery was disconected....I installed aftermarket door actuators(.which work fine btw) m having the problem...

Ok, have you tried disconnecting the new actuator and putting everything back the way it was previously? Did you alter the wiring or were the actuators direct replacements for the original?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No they are 10dollar aftermarket ones...had to cut the old wires and rewire...they are not the problem...the passenger side is fine...the driver's window rolls down in 2 inch increments hevery time i pull the door handel...tried to reset n reset...but still have the problem...maybe shld disconnect the ground again and start over....don' think it will shld reset but won't...sorry just thanx again...haha

I understand the frustration John. It wouldn't hurt to try resetting by removing the negative cable for awhile. I'd be curious to see if the passenger side resets after it loses it's initialization. As long as you have the system wired up correctly there is no reason why it won't initialize. If you continue to have trouble I'd have to suspect a fault in the window motor itself. When performing the reset on the motor make sure that you only press gently on the window switch and hold it. Do not use the automatic mode on the switch.

Let me know how you make out.