Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Land Rover freelander: land rover

I have no spark and have no clue where to begin

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

With the key on is there power to the coil?

Is the check engine light on or off while cranking?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you please let me know which each means yes there is power to the coil and I won't tell him know till morning if the check engine light is on was cracking if it is what is it mean
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Check engine light is off when cranking
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just put new heads, and gaskets on this with new timing belts, the old belts broke and broke the heads.

I bought the kit and timed it per instructions. I pinned the crank and used the timing tools to put on the pulleys.

The Landrover only has maybe 30 pounds of compression could it be one cog off or so on the crank?

There should not be a spark issue with these results, I assume you did not physically check to see if there is no spark made. With 30 psi of compression the timing is for sure off or there is head or gasket damage. Recheck your timing.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So is it retArded or advanced?
There is no way to know if the timing is retarded or advanced with just a compression reading. The only way to know that is to see which valve is open when the cylinder is at TDC compression.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have one more need can I get a diagram of where the crank would be in the motor when it is pinned, Do you have a diagram of the timing process?

Below is every bit if timing belt info I have access to .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/04freelandertiming.pdf

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris
.
.