caughlins
caughlins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced engine diagnosis master technician. Factory Trained on Bentley, Lamborghini, Lotus and Jaguar
68142990

Bentley Continental GT: Im looking at purchasing a 05 Bentley

Customer Question

Im looking at purchasing a 05 Bentley Gt, and the vehicle runs excellent. however there are a couple lights on the dash that concerns me. One of the lights are on the speedometer with a up and down arrow with a weird shape circle in yellow. do you have any idea what this is and possible how much to fix.
Category: Car
Expert:  caughlins replied 1 year ago.

caughlins :

Could you take a picture of the lights? One sounds like the dynamic stability light, if the battery went dead and the car was not driven this light will be on till the car is driven straight above ten miles an hour.

Customer :

can you send me a email address, that is the only way I can send it.

caughlins :

Caughlinsgmailcom, Email addresses get blocked, try the paper clip above the typing block

Customer :

I tried it, its asking for URL'S, descriptions and sizes

Customer :

not working at all

Customer :

could I text them to you?

caughlins :

Did the caughlins get blocked? It is my user id at Google's email address

Customer :

any other suggestions

caughlins :

I'm looking

Customer :

ok

caughlins :

I am searching the internet for a picture of the warning

Customer :

can you log into my computer to see the photos

Customer :

Are you still here

caughlins :

Have you driven the car?

caughlins :

And what is the other light?

Customer :

I believe the other light is low tire pressure

caughlins :

With a 2005 it may need sensors, they are suppose to be replaced after five years.

Customer :

the one light is where they show the picture of the vehicle along with the PRNDS, that light is a horseshoe with a explanation pointe with a line through it

Customer :

the light I explained earlier is located on the speedo cluster upper left side

caughlins :

Sounds like an air suspension warning, it is hard to find an image that is on the web already to ensure that ifs what we are taking about. Have you driven the car? Would you be able to drive it?

Customer :

I have drove it, everything felt fine.. but I don't know

Customer :

that is what the light looks like

Customer :

what could I be looking at

Customer :

sensor, suspension, cost approx

caughlins :

I have seen one of the rear sensors come loose from the control arm. That would be most likely, the pumps are strong same with the valve block. If it was a leading strut it would be sitting low and you would have noticed that.

Customer :

are the sensors expensive

caughlins :

But that would give you a "suspension failure" warning message in the center.

Customer :

so no bad sensors

caughlins :

It is usually a matter of putting the bolt back in place. I have never replaced one while at the dealer since 2004.

Customer :

so you think I should be ok

caughlins :

Did you try emailing to my user name at gmail?

Customer :

I just sent you a email to XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX… is that the right address

caughlins :

That is the spoiler warning.

caughlins :

That can be on for multiple reasons. Most common is a broken wire in the hinge. The next common is if the spoiler was up and the battery was disconnected. The bout carpet well need to be lowered and the cables fed back into place and secure the pipes together.

caughlins :

Do it would be an hour to two hours for repair.

Customer :

did you get my email

caughlins :

Will you attempt the repair?

caughlins :

Yes I did. I sent the message here saying it was the spoiler warning.

Customer :

ok great, I will do the repair,, thank you

caughlins :

Depending upon if you have a warning triangle bracket or not, there are one to three screws holding the carpet to the boot lid. Remove the plastic trim panel at the edge secured with four clips. Several clips all the way around four the carpet. Then you will see the motor. The Brown wire is ground and the red is power. With the key on see which one is incorrect.

caughlins :

I'm going to step out for lunch. I will be back shortly if you need more help

Customer :

ok thanks

caughlins :

Have you looked at the car yet?