Master Tech Lee
Master Tech Lee, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  36 years Domestic and Import Electronics Diagnostic Tech
28531106

club car: The golf cart I just acquired had 6- 6 volt batteries,

Customer Question

The golf cart I just acquired had 6- 6 volt batteries, can I just use 3 12 volt batteries instead or do they have to be 6 volt?
Category: Car
Expert:  Master Tech Lee replied 9 months ago.

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

Welcome to justanswer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX online automotive technician. I am reading your comments. I will be right with you. Thank You, Leon

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

what is the rating in voltage cart requires ?

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

36 volt?

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

Yes you can

Customer:

48 volt charger requirement according to sticker in motor compartment is all I have.

Customer:

Provided wiring is in series correct?

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

that is correct

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

if you go the other way you will have 12 volts and amperage would go up

Customer:

That would result in fried wiring?

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

Is the cart 6 volt

Customer:

Yes.

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

that was my first question OK, then

Customer:

Well maybe not if the wiring calls for series...not sure now..

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

give my the name brand model as well let me look this up for you

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

and year

Customer:

All I have is club car on the electric motor housing. 48 volt charger requirement is on a sticker is next to box where charger terminal wires go to.

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

ok hold while I look into this for you

Customer:

My guess is no on the 6 volt, there is a wire bundle on coming out of where the charger wires go that feed the switches in dash. could it be stepped down to 6 volt?

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

sure it can

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

with the proper resistor e over i times r ohms law

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

Is there a serial number

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

I can get you the owners manual real quick

Customer:

Sorry Leon I looked all over for one, the people got it from parked it last year when battery cells went dead and their son tore into it. Was a good running cart at the time. I'll get the batteries in this weekend and see where I stand after that. I appreciate the help. The previous owner is going to look for one for me. Thanks again.

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

I am going to send you the manual once it finishes download please rate me to stay connected and i will come up with a workable solution for you

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer. Bonuses and Feedback are Appreciated, Thank you. Best wishes with your repairs.
Leon Davidian, Sr. ( Master Tech Leon ).

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

Full Size Image

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

Full Size Image

Master Tech Lee, ASE Master Tech
Experience: 36 years Domestic and Import Electronics Diagnostic Tech
graphic
Master Tech Lee, ASE Master Tech

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here