Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

I have a 2008 Sante Fe. When leaving my home to go to work,

I have a 2008 Sante Fe. When leaving my home to go to work, the indicater light showed a low back tire on the drivers side. I added air, and the light went out. But now I'm hearing a thumping noise. Could this be something other than a low tire?
Hello and thank you for your question!
Is the thumping noise coming from that area?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, the back drivers side. The indicator lights are no longer on.

Ok, I would have the tire inspected. Hearing a thumping can indicate that whatever is causing the leak may have broken one of the steel belts when it punctured the tire. You may even be hearing whatever is in the tire and causing the leak.
It's important to have it checked because it could cause more damage or the tire to blow out on you. I have seen some pretty strange things puncture the tire, then leak slowly for a while and much worse after.
I guess to answer your question it is very possible the thumping is related to the low tire pressure.
Please be sure to let me know if you need further assistance, if not, then please be sure to rate my answer.If you got here with the free trial, you still have to rate, you will not be charged.
Thank You

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help, I'm headed to the tire store now. I was worried about wheel bearings or something worse.

You are very welcome, since the sound didn't happen until after the tire went low, it really seems it would be related to the tire itself.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help.

You are very welcome Roberta and thank you for the rating. I really appreciate it.