Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Jeep Cherokee Laredo: Jeep Cherokee Laredo 97 shuddering on

Jeep Cherokee Laredo 97 shuddering on inclines.
Have changed transmission fluid, still doing it.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since this vehicle is in Australia I don't know for sure which engine is in this vehicle but if it is a gas engine and not diesel one common issue that can cause shuddering on inclines or under a load when driving is loss of spark to one or more cylinders.

If it is gas and has spark plugs inspect the spark plugs for wear and any spark plug wires for corrosion.If a fault is found the affected components would need replaced.

I have also seen transmission torque converters cause this type of fault when it doesn't disengage properly.I have had to replace these to correct this issue or in some cases perform a transmission fluid flush to remove any debris from the fluid as this sometimes works as well.

These are some of the common components that can cause this type of fault here and need checked into.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete