Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

isuzu trooper: 2001 Isuzu trooperXXXXXwith TOD {torque

Customer Question

2001 Isuzu trooperXXXXXwith TOD {torque on demand}. dash board display is no longer lit up and myXXXXXdoes not work any more. There was an incident where a puff of smoke came out of the dash board before the TOD went out, after inspecting and searching for blown fuses, charred wires or any signs of something abnormal nothing could be found.... any suggestions on where to go, look or do to get the TOD back up ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is Pete and I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you haven't inspected the interior dash fuse box for any damaged/burned terminals I would start with this to see if a fault is located.If you find the fuse box terminals or fuse box itself is burned or damaged then we would need to locate the short that has caused this.

If the fuse box and terminals are all found to be o.k. locate the fuses labeled Meter Gage and the fuse labeled Audio and test and see if you have power/battery voltage on these fuses with the key on.If you do not have battery voltage on these fuses or even if you do let me know and we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Pete>>> thanks for responding. it is late here and dark so tomorrow I will check those two fuses you suggested, I already went over all fuses and boxes for observable damage and saw none...I did not know where to look for the power supply for the TOD even with a shop manual from Isuzu .But; this will be a good place as any to start, I will contact you tomorrow.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good.Let me know what you come up with here.

Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Rained all day and was unable to check vehicle, hopefully by Sunday night I can get to the vehicle.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good,no hurry here.Let me know what you come up with.

Thanks Pete