Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I Have a 2006 Kia Sorento and the gear knob fell off. How do

I Have a 2006 Kia Sorento and the gear knob fell off. How do I piut it back on?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect around the shifter knob itself if there are any hidden screws or clips that are in the knob that may match up with the shifter shaft.If there are no screws or any type of clip this knob may be like the new style shifters where they push onto the shifter shaft and with a little tapping on top of the shifter knob by hand it should seat into place on the shift shaft.

If this does not work let me know and we can continue.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not terribly helpful. I had already done that and was looking for something more technical. Probably would help someone that doesn't nknow their way around a car. I'll probably just get a new part and put it on

Thanks for the follow up

Your welcome Ron.Did the knob snap back on into place at all or does it appear to be broken?