Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Infiniti g35: In our 2006 G35 Coupe, upon acceleration after

In our 2006 G35 Coupe, upon acceleration after leaving a complete stop for a few seconds or after easing off the gas pedal when traveling on a winding road, we experience a slight delay similar to the pause experienced when shifting gears from reverse to park. However, we never have the delay after stopping for a longer period like at a traffic light. We initially thought it was the transmission slipping but was told there were no problems with the transmission when we had it checked. We believe this issue started after having the equal length Crawford headers installed. Any thoughts on what the issue may be? Thanks.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this occurred after the headers were installed I would check and make sure the headers are sealed up properly to the engine as well that nothing was bumped loose or damaged causing any kind of a vacuum leak which can cause a lean running condition and cause this here.

If this is found to be o.k. this may be a fault with the mass air flow sensor itself.I have seen these sensors become dirty or even fail and cause incorrect air flow readings into the engine and will cause an issue like this here as I have seen several times before.I would have this sensor checked into and possibly cleaned to see if it corrects the fault.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you!
Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help above when your ready.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete