Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years

Do you have to wait for a new title for a car to come in the

Do you have to wait for a new title for a car to come in the mail or do you get it directly at the DMV the same day? I was going to go the the DMV tomorrow to register a car i bought a while ago, and I was gonna also make a trade for another car tomorrow night, so I was wondering, does the new title come in the mail and I'd have to wait two weeks or do they give it to you the same day? I live in Massachusetts.
Thank you
good evening my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you tonight.

once you buy a car and have the title changed, it will take 6 to 8 weeks to get the title.

attached is the process from Mass.

Buying a Vehicle in Massachusetts
You must apply for a title and registration whenever you buy a new or used vehicle in Massachusetts.

Buying from a Dealer
The dealer should complete and sign the Application for Registration and Title (Form RMV-1). Review the application to make sure lienholder information is correct, if applicable.
Take the completed application to your insurance agent to have it signed and stamped. Present with the application one of the following documents:
―Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO).
―The signed-over title.
―A dealer re-assignment, if applicable.
―The car's previous registration certificate along with the bill of sale if the vehicle is exempt due to age.
Take all the documents to your local MA RMV office.
Pay the following fees:
―$75 title fee.
―6.25% sales tax.
― Any possible additional fees based on the type of vehicle or if you opt for specialized license plates.
You have 7 days from the purchase date to get a vehicle inspection sticker.

Expect to receive the title in the mail within 6 to 8 weeks.
please hit the smiley button so I get credit for my answer