Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Renault kangoo: hi, i have a 2001 kangoo with an epic pump.

hi, i have a 2001 kangoo with an epic pump. problem is idle and stalling. when starting from cold it will idle ok for a couple of minutes then it runs lumpy, the pre-heat light comes on and the engine stalls. when driving, the motor will stall when slowing down, it will not restart by letting the clutch up, but will start when keyed off and start by keeping the revs up. not had it code read yet. cheers
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and make sure the air flow from the engine air filter is o.k. and isn't restricted at all.With restricted air flow this can cause this type of running issue here.

If your check engine light has come on with this fault the fault codes should be checked to see what codes have set.If there is a code set this will aid with the diagnosis of this fault here.

With you being able to start with keeping the revs up (foot on gas pedal) and keep it running like this this sounds like a lack of air to the engine possibly.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi pete, thanks for your reply, i was expecting a more technical answer, i am ok with diesels but not up to speed on engine management. i think i need help from someone who has specific knowledge of the lucas epic fly by wire system. its not the check engine light that comes on its the pre-heat. thanks again trevor

Your welcome.I will open this question back up for others to see if they can assist more here.

I will opt out and put this question back on the list to see if others can help more.Don't reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep the question locked to me.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete