Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

chevrolet tahoe 6,5 l turbo diesel: hey, i have a chevrolet

hey, i have a chevrolet tahoe and was wandering if you car help me with somrthing. Wel the problem is that the car use plenty diesel it usees 1,7 nearly 2,0 l pr mile , is there something you can tell me how to redues the use of diesel.Would it help if i changed the fuel pressure regulator and where is it placed.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your exhaust is blowing black smoke with this excessive fuel use this may be caused by one or more fuel injectors leaking or allowing to much fuel into the engine.I have seen these fuel injectors cause issues like this before and had to replace the affected injectors.

If your check engine light has come on with this fault I would have the fault codes checked to see what codes have set.This will aid with the diagnosis and help with locating the fault here.

The fuel injectors may need to be tested to see if one or more are at fault and replaced if found at fault.

If the injectors are found to be o.k. I would have the injection timing checked as I know this was a common fault and can cause more use of fuel if set wrong.

These are most common to cause this issue here and need checked into further to locate and correct the fault.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for answering and helping me, so i will check all the fuel injectors and see if there is something wrong with them , i have not got any signals on the dash bord butanyway i will give it try thanks again.

Your welcome.If possible the best way is to remove the injectors and have a diesel shop test them as they usually have the correct test equipment to do this testing.You might be able to bring the vehicle to them as well for this testing to be done to see if you have any that are faulty.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi, pete can you tell me where i can buy a new fuel injector and how much do you think it will cost.

I would start with checking with local dealers and if they cannot assist with this try a diesel repair facility or local parts stores to see if they can be obtained.

The cost I show on this is right around $100 US each.My info is a little out dated on these so the price may have changed.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okey i will try that and thanks again for your help for now. Thor Lars

Your welcome.