Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Cadillac Seville (2000), soft brakes

2000 Seville brake circuitHi, I have a 2000 Cadillac Seville, export (Japan, US assembled) RHD with master cylinder on the right with reservior on top, plus a second reservior on the right feeding the accumulator, which is on the left side. I replaced front flexible brake hoses and bled. Firm pedal pressure with key off, pedal goes to the floor with key (and hence actuator) on. Prior to replacing the hoses the brakes were softish but ok. Braking is now fine at low speed, but poor above say 20MPH. The ABS light is fine, no visible brake alarms. I'm thinking I should depressurise the accumulator hydraulics with 25 pumps of the brake, then pressure bleed the accumulator circuit from the accumulator reservior, through the accumulator body to the master cylinder. Am I doing the right thing? Do you think I will need a Tech2 to do a proper bleed? Many thanks Andrew

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the manual bleed has been done and no air is found left in the hydraulic system this sounds like you may have air trapped in the anti lock brake hydraulic unit.I have seen this occur before and had to use a scan tool to either do the automated bleed procedure with it or to run the abs pump and then re bleed manually and repeat to remove all air.

If you haven't tried this yet this should be done.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete, thanks for your responce. The car goes to the shop on Thursday so we will see how it all goes.

Thanks... I'll let you know how it goes.

Sounds good.Let me know how this turns out and if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete