sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Subaru Legacy: My drivers seat is electric and when I use the

My drivers seat is electric and when I use the switch only one side of the seat moves, meaning the seat cannot be adjusted. How can this be fixed?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem could be a few things.

If you haven't already make sure there is nothing under the seat that is physically blocking it's travel.

If nothing is blocking the seat then make sure the cables between the fore/aft motor and the adjusters haven't come off. If the cable from the motor to the adjuster has popped out on one side then it will allow one adjuster to move along with the motor but not the other.

If the cables are intact and nothing is physically blocking the seat or track on the adjuster then the adjuster assembly will need to be replaced.