Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Oldsmobile Bravada: 2000 Bravada no electrical power to anything.

2000 Bravada no electrical power to anything. It all went instantly.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

You have been waiting an excessive amount on us techs to help you out, for that I am sorry. First off before I go into detail in an answer or an info request. I need to know, do you still need help? I realize you have been waiting a while and in some cases customers had to seek help elsewhere and or they solved the concern on there own. I and the website are sorry you had to wait, we do want to earn your business and have you log off with a great experience.

You are more than welcome to relist if you would like, do realize if you relist this will delay me replying to you even more. Also let me know your skill level so I can tailor my response to fit your needs. I work the evening shift, so that is when I will respond.

Thanks Chris.

>

>

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, still need help. Btw I think its a 4.3L. With got in car, had lights, dome and dash. She turned the key and all went dark. no horn, no lights, no start. I noticed a small repeating, clicking sound around interior fuse box.

Lets start with diagram one top left.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/00bravada.pdf

See if the 175 amp battery fuse is good and check the fuse IGN A 40 amp. We should be getting 12++ battery voltage. A good battery has 12.6 volts. If we have less then the battery is bad or weak or there are poor connections at the battery or chassis or fuse box.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, cool. Will check tomorrow. Very late now. What time are you on tomorrow?

Its midnight 30 here I log on about 3pm till midnight.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hey Moose, the 40A fuse in the box is good. Now, the 175A and fusable link I haven't got to. It appears to be packed down under the battery on red wire. Any advice in getting to them easier than it appears?

Thanks, John

Was there battery voltage to the 40 amp hole, if so there is no need to check the main fuse.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes there was power and after pulling the 40A, cleaning and replacing....eureka! It appears that I have a bad battery (not very old btw) or an alternator issue. I jumped the Bravada and she runs but wouldn't take a charge after running around 45 minutes. Will get that checked tomorrow. Can't get away without money :( Hope it's just the battery.

Thanks for your help Moose

Good rating for you man

Glad you got it resolved
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There was a 5$ tip submitted for you. Wanna make sure you get it.

Thanks Again,

JohnP

Got it John, Thanks
Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris
.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great job Moose. It all wound up costing me a mere $85 bucks for a new battery. I don't mind getting a new one for winter anyway. I was prepairing myself for an outrageous computer board. Thanks again andlet me know if there is something more I need to do here.

JohnP

Good job.