Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Hyundia Getz: Hi GlennMy 2002 Getz is starting off in third

Hi Glenn
My 2002 Getz is starting off in third gear after pulling up at intersection
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with this today.

If the check engine light has come on with this fault the first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out with a scan tool that can communicate with this vehicles computers to see what fault codes have been set.Once this has been done the fault codes can be diagnosed to locate which component is at fault and then repaired from there.

If this fault has occurred after the transmission was serviced there may have been debris knocked loose in the transmission which can block oil passages or cause mechanical issues in the transmission as well.If this is the case that this did happen after the service was done then you may need to have the transmission system flushed to correct this.

This may be an electrical fault with a transmission solenoid internally or a mechanical fault internal in the transmission which may require removal of the transmission for further diagnosis in some cases.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete