Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Subaru Legacy 2.5I: MY 2010 Subaru Legacy with 6 Sp manual

MY 2010 Subaru Legacy with 6 Sp manual transmission will not shift into reverse.
All forward gears 1 thru 6 are OK, but the reverse gear will not engage.
Any idea what problem with the transmission can cause this??
Is there any history with this problem?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would first have the shifter linkage checked to make sure the linkage is all o.k.If there is a fault with the linkage being bent or damaged it may cause this here.

If the linkage is all o.k. then this would indicate a mechanical fault in the transmission itself with a component internally not lining up properly to allow shifting into reverse.This would need to be looked into further to locate what is causing this and may require removing the transmission for further inspection.

I did a search on this and didn't see anything myself that points to a common fault causing this here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete