Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Kia Optima: I have a 2011 Kia Optima. The Bluetooth had been

I have a 2011 Kia Optima. The Bluetooth had been working fine until about a week ago. Now, when I push the phone button, it says, "Initiating Bluetooth Handsfree" and then does nothing else.

Hi Randall

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not changed phones in the vehicle or any other electrical component and this fault occurred on its own this sounds like an internal electrical fault with the blue tooth receiver/module itself.I have seen some of these fail on various model vehicles and had to replace them.

I would have the fault codes checked using a scan tool that can communicate with all computers in this vehicle to see what codes have set.Once this has been done then the fault codes can be diagnosed to locate which component is at fault causing this and then corrected from there.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete