Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

audi TT driver door will not open inside or out

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a mechanical fault with the drivers door latch assembly itself.I would first inspect to make sure no lock or handle linkage is bound up or jammed as this can cause this issue.If possible disconnect these linkages keeping in mind where they connect and then see if you can manually trigger the latch to open the door.

If it opens with these disconnected then most likely one of the linkages are at fault causing this and would need inspected further to find the one causing this fault.

If it still does not open then I suspect the latch is at fault needing replaced.Usually you can trigger the latch to open when the linkages are removed from it.In some cases I have seen the latches having to be drilled or ground on to remove them to replace when they are jammed closed/latched like this and do not open.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete