Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Almeira Tino: Hello.Nissan Almeira Tino 2004 model. Right

Nissan Almeira Tino 2004 model. Right rear door locking assembly will not engage - meaning the door will not close and latch. 2nd time this has happened. First time I played around with child lock, and the catch and eventually it all just worked fine. Any thoughts?
Thank you

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a mechanical fault with the latch assembly itself.I have seen these fail in the past on all model vehicles and had to replace them.Usually it is the child lock assembly itself which is part of the latch that can fail and cause this issue but it may be another mechanical issue with the latch as well requiring replacement to correct this.

Make sure all linkage that is attached to the latch isn't bound up or jammed as this can keep the latch from latching.If all linkage is o.k. I suspect this is the latch needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete