Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Landcruiser 100 GXL V8: I have a 2003 100 series gxl v8 Landcruiser.

I have a 2003 100 series gxl v8 Landcruiser. The central locking keeps locking. When I drive along it randomly locks all the doors. If I get out of the car with the keys in it, it will randomly lock as well. When I open or close the tail gate it seems to cause the entire car to lock as well. How can I fix this, very hard as it locks up, with the keys inside! Thanks Bryce
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a short in the lock circuit electrical wiring causing this here.When you open and close the tail gate this is moving or bumping the vehicle slightly and if the locks are actuating then this usually indicates a wire is shorted grounding out possibly causing the locks to cycle like this.

What would need to be done from here usually is to trace each lock/actuator wiring to see if you can locate any shorts in them.One common area for a short is usually where the wiring passes from the body of the vehicle into the doors and if this is more noticed at the tail gate I would start with inspecting wiring inside the tail gate door as well as where it passes to the body of the vehicle.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mate, had a look at the wires from the tail gate to the body of the cruiser and could not see any problem. While feeling the cluster of wires however, the auto locking was being triggered so I cut open the protective case around a group of 5 wires (down near the hinge on the tail gate). Upon opening the protective casing (tape) I found 3 of the 5 wire were broken completely and the last 2 badly damaged. I now just need to rejoin these wires and the problem will be resolved.

Thanks very much, your advice saved me hundreds of $ had I used the local auto electricain. WELL DONE.

Your welcome,glad to see the fault has been located and near resolved.Let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All great thanks mate....top marks.

Highest rating.

Thanks

Bryce

Thanks