Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Ford: I have a ba ute it has started going into 3rd gear and

I have a ba ute it has started going into 3rd gear and wont go over 40 ks ive had a new battery new alternator the wiring checked the trans and solinoids checked but they still cant find the problem. john
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With the voltage being ok with the new battery and alternator installed and the solenoids checked and found o.k. as well as wiring for the transmission this sounds to be an internal mechanical fault in the transmission itself.

My info is limited on this model here but on allot of vehicles the internal transmission valve body can act up/fail with binding valves or blocked fluid passages in it from debris build up.I have had some success in the past having a transmission fluid flush performed to free up and remove debris to correct faults like this here.

In other cases the transmission may have to be removed and taken apart for inspection to locate the fault and once located then it can be repaired from there to correct this fault.This does sound mechanical with all electrical tested and found to be o.k.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete