Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Volvo XC70 3.2: I have a 2003 XC70 with 111,000 miles. When

I have a 2003 XC70 with 111,000 miles. When I took it to the dealer to have a rear wheel bearing replaced, they told me the awd was not working and told me I needed an AOC pump. They said I could continue to drive the car as a FWD only, if I wanted. i have been doing that, but tonight during the first snowfall, I heard noise from the front when starting a turn uphill in 3-4 inches of snow. Previously, I had driven on mud and the front tires were slipping, but no noise. The sound almost sounded like the noise when the anti-lock brakes come on. Does this sound like just an AOC problem, or something else? Thanks!!
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The sound may be caused by the AOC fault as the all wheel drive may have been trying to engage but wit this fault here the noise may have occurred due to the AOC fault as it was trying to actuate or engage the awd system.

To be safe though I would have this checked over/looked into further to make sure this was the case with this noise and that nothing else has happened on the vehicle before driving it to much.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Pete, I have made an appt. as you suggested. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Your welcome.Let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks Pete