Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years

My DashBoard Brake Light Stays on all the time. Is this a Recall

My DashBoard Brake Light Stays on all the time. Is this a Recall or easy fix/

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

can you tell me what year , make and model this vehicle is ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4cl. The dashboard Air Bag light stays on all the time. The recall on Stop Lamp Switch was done in past. I cant find anything on Air Bag light on all the time. I do not know of a recall for this and how would you fix it. No collisions or damage of any kind.

Brian there is a very old airbag recall for the 2004 Sonata just call 1-800-633-5151to see if it was done or call any local dealer and they will check right over the phone for you

more than likely if you have owned the car since new if the recall applied to you car they would have notified you but a quick phone call is worth it to be 100% sure

more than likely there is not any open recalls for the airbag and the airbag light on all the time can be caused by many things in the airbag system

when the light is on the airbag computer has picked up something wrong in the system and will not allow the bags to deploy when the light is on

what has to be done is the codes read in the airbag computer and depending on the code follow the flow chart

I have seen anything from bad connections with high resistance to broken wires to bad airbags themselves

its very challenging to say what is wrong with the airbag system without knowing the codes

now for the brake light

is it the red brake light on or the yellow ABS light that is on ?