Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Porsche 944: I Have a 1983 porsche 944 automatic.When I drive

I Have a 1983 porsche 944 automatic.When I drive it it makes a rattling sound that sounds like a stone in the muffler,but after closer inspection on a hoist it is rattling inside the housing just in front of the drive shaft/torque tube. towards the front .
Would there be a seal that has deteriorated?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is inside the torque tube or inside the output shaft area of the transmission it is possible a bearing is starting to fail in the output of the transmission assembly or on some models inside the torque tube.

This would need to be further inspected if this is the case here and may require removing the torque tube to inspect further to locate which component is at fault.

If this is not the case here with this noise let me know and we can continue.

Thanks Pete