Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

f150: 99frdf150 wp1747 cde Is it normal to have ATF fluid on

99frdf150 wp1747 cde Is it normal to have ATF fluid on the electrical connector. Removed and it was filled with fluid. Cleaned and still have code. This is a seven pin connector only one without ress,but then that one had voltage in run.

Category: Car
Expert:  Roy replied 9 months ago.
good afternoon my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today

where is this connector located???? external or internal in the trans???

what trans do you have????

motor????

I found a flow chart for the 1747 and will attach for you to review

Roy

1999 Ford Truck F 150 4WD Pickup V8-4.6L SOHC VIN 6

• E: Electronic Pressure Control (EPC) Solenoid

Test E1

Test E1 - E2

Test E2 - E3

Test E4

Test E4 - E5

Test E6

NOTE: Refer to the Transmission Internal Harness illustration.
NOTE: Read and record all DTCs. All digital TR Sensor and VSS DTCs must be repaired before entering OSC.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

99 f150 4.2 6cyl long bd dont know the transmis wiring harness connects to passenger side of transmiss on the top outside pushing down

Expert:  Roy replied 9 months ago.
ok, then the connector was full of fluid. that is not good.

there is a seal on the inside to the outside in the trans. remove the pan and inspect that seal. if it is bad, then the internal harness will have to be replaced.

I have tried to seal these harnesses with sealers and they only last a short time and the issue returns.

Roy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Is the internal harness an identifiable part

Expert:  Roy replied 9 months ago.
sure, once you drop the pan and filter it will be exposed for you to view.

Roy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I meant to order a new one, do I need to take it out first or can it be ordered by transmission harness connector

Expert:  Roy replied 9 months ago.
no, I would order the harness and when you get it then you can match it up to the original. i would do nothing till you secure the harness

Roy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I found one supplier of a transmission bulkhead connector(male) that appears the same as the one I have., but cannot find the female internal harness. I will keep looking Thank You, Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 9 months ago.
good luck.

dont forget to hit the smiley button so I get credit for my answers

Roy

Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience: ASE master tech for 40 years