Clifton B.
Clifton B., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Master Auto Tech
6166830

Lincoln MKX: 2010 Lincoln MKX the windows and sunroof opened

star-full

2010 Lincoln MKX the windows and sunroof opened without me doing so. I was in Church and came out to find them open????
hi do you have a key fob /remote for the car
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. I was to far away for it to have been hit on accident and that would not have lowered both front windows and the sun roof.

do you have auto up/down on both from windows
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I press the buttons

yes if the press the button for the window do both front windows go down with one push of each button talking about the button you use to put the windows up and down
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You press for each window individually, and the sunroof controls are above the rear view mirror area.

yes I know that nut I need to know if you have auto windows
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Forgive me I don't think I know what you mean by auto windows. As far as I know they only go up and down if I operate the button.PS it's not really a button but I don't know what to call it.SmileThanks

I know its a button that you pull and push to open and close . the questions again is if you need to open the front windows do you have to hold the switch /button until the window get all the way to the bottom of the door or can you just push the switch let it go and the window go all the way down by itself ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No not on the drivers door. But the passenger door has to be held down.

ok so you have auto on one door the drivers front door did all the windows roll down by them self or just the front windows
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just the fronts and the sunroof.

ok holed on please let me check something
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok

the front windows and the sun roof are operated by the smart junction box in the left side of the dash this is the only thing that an can cause the window and sun roof to operation by them self you should start by replacing the junction box and I have seen a few reports of replacing this part to fix windows operating by them self .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks so much for your information we are taking it to the dealership tomorrow but I wanted to know from others. Have a blessed day.

your welcome please remember to rate my answer thanks.
Clifton B., Auto Service Technician
Experience: Master Auto Tech