Chris
Chris, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a Master Certified ASE technician. ASE Certs A1-A9 & L1. I have been a general auto repair tech for over 18 years.
75498108

Jeep Wrangler YJ: My son has a used (abused) 1994 Jeep Wrangler

My son has a used (abused) 1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ. Rear end went out, fixing it but have one last roadblock. The rear leaf spring needs new bushings at the shackle end. I bought replacement bushings but they are too big, I bought bushings for aftermarket springs, they were too big. The eyes of the springs are 1" and the bolts are 1/2". I have no idea if the springs are OEM or aftermarket, it has been lifted, can't identify them. What size are OEM springs? Any idea where I can get bushings to fit?

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I will try and assist you with your question.

It seems that this is an issue that more than one person has had. From what I am finding is that most likely the springs are Skyjacker. From what I can find these (LINK) are supposed to work but they do not state a size online and I would call to make sure.

There is also this place You can pick the diameter and width but does not state the bolt size. Again it would be best to call. I think this one will give you the best luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After tackling a rear differential rebuild, I really didn't expect finding bushings was going to be the hard part. I would think finding bushings by size would be simple or at least everyone would know what size the OEM springs were. I will try to call the companies you mentioned. Thanks.