caughlins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced engine diagnosis master technician. Factory Trained on Bentley, Lamborghini, Lotus and Jaguar

Smart Car Hood is coming out

Hello I drive a smart car for work- I tapped a car while in traffic yesterday and although there were no scratches on either vehicle the top part of my hood came out- how can I fix this? The corners of the hood seem to have come out- but also seem the be able to fit back in- can I remove the entire hood and re-insert the hood?

thank you so much

caughlins :

The hood can be quickly removed and reinstalled.

caughlins :

There are two clips in the grill that hold it to the car. It then will slide free of the car. The tabs that secure the rear may be broken, take a close look at these. You could also refer to the owners manual, the boys is removed for the washer fluid and brake fluid.

caughlins :

You could also refer to the owners manual, the hood is removed for the washer fluid and brake fluid.

so I figured that out, while I was waiting for a response and it looks like one of the grills to fi