Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license

Engine cranks but will not start. Only has 51,000 miles and

Engine cranks but will not start. Only has 51,000 miles and will do this occasionally. Most of the time if it is left alone for 10-15 minutes it starts right up. It is happening more regularly and tonight wont start at all. Fuel System??? Just acts like its not getting gas

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX you for allowing me to assist you! What is the year make model and engine of this vehicle?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1999 Ford Contour 4 cyl

Ok, thanks Brian. There are 3 common causes for this. 1 a failing crank shaft position sensor, 2 a failing cam shaft position sensor, and 3 a failing PCM (engine computer). Either one can act up when the engine warms up. Do this: try to get your Contour to an auto parts store like AutoZone and ask them to connect their scan tool to your vehicle and check for any trouble codes. If there is a code for "loss of crank sensor signal or cam shaft sensor signal" then have the appropriate sensor replaced. If there are no codes at all, then suspect a failing PCM and have it replaced. Most auto parts stores will connect their scan tool for no charge to you.
Hope this information helps, and let me know if you need more assistance with this.