DaveTheCarGuy
DaveTheCarGuy, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  AAS in Automotive Technology.
75818362

Mazda 6: I Have a 2008 mazda 6 2.3 and I have noticed when

I Have a 2008 mazda 6 2.3 and I have noticed when I start the engine after aprox. 10 seconds both fans start running and they go on the entire time the engine is on.

Also, I don't know if is the a/c compressor but looks like it starts working too and the A/C lines start freezing. Let's keep in mind that I don't have the A/C on.

After I turn off the car I ear like something is leaking like water.
Category: Car
Expert:  DaveTheCarGuy replied 9 months ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your issue. If you are running the defroster, the ac system will engage. This is because the AC causes all the moisture in the air to condense into liquid , making the air dry when it comes out. The fans will always run when the AC is engaged. You can double check by disabling the heat and AC and then seeing if it engages as well.

The water noise you hear could be two things. Water does build up in the ac unit while the car is running, this is normal, and it drains out. The drain can clog, usually this shows as a wet spot in the drivers or front passenger's foot-well. The other thing it could be is the refrigerant itself in you cooling system. Once the AC system is disengaged, the coolant that is still cold "boils" (this happens at 33*F) this sound can sometimes be heard, and it may be louder if the refrigerant is a little low.

So try disengaging/deactivating all climate control prior to starting the vehicle then start it and see if your issue occurs. Let me know if it is still happening.

If my answer(s) helped solve your questions, please rate it!

Thanks,

Dave

DaveTheCarGuy, Car Enthusiast
Experience: AAS in Automotive Technology.