Chris, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a Master Certified ASE technician. ASE Certs A1-A9 & L1. I have been a general auto repair tech for over 18 years.

dodge RAM 1500 4x4:

I need help on how to remove the fuel supply line from the tank on a 1997 dodge ram 1500. the end that is by the firewall will not come out

Hello and welcome back to Just Answer. I will try and assist you with your question.

That one looks nasty... Will the lines twist at all? I am trying to figure out if the corrosion or the clip is stopping you. What type of gas line removal tool did you try?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i used the one that goes around the line and pushes in to spread the clip. i cannot get the line to twist in the fitting at all

OK I was going to suggest those as they help with these types of clips.

It seems that corrosion is the problem if they will not twist. There is not much you can do there but lots of penetrating oil to try and get it loosened up. You need to get it rotating before trying to separate them.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

should that clip come out on the line or stay in the fitting?

That style should stay in the fitting. When you pinch the tabs it should move the inner tabs away from the flare on the line. In theory that is the way it is suppose to work. Not many do. :)