Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

suzuki-- xl 7: gary, i recently replaced the 3 timing chains

gary, i recently replaced the 3 timing chains tensioners and sensors on my 2008 suzuki xl7.. 3.6 engine. all seem well the car runs great,however the correlation codes for evap and catalyst monitor will not reset, so i cannot get the inspection done. my mechanic has driven the car over 200 miles. there is no check engine light on. can you help??

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

this is very common to happen

does your fuel gauge operate ok ? or normal ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

gary, yes i do beleive thefuel gauge is fine.

Ok John usually to get all the monitors to reset and then run and pass is to disconnect the battery cables for 5 minutes then touch the 2 cables together for 1 minute then reconnect the cables and drive it usually 50 to 80 miles give or take

with no codes in the computer usually an ECM reset like I said how to do will make them reset and run for you and pass

once they all run and pass and NO codes in the computer it should pass for you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

gary, thank you. i will talk to my mechanic in the morning and try this. i will get back to you tomorrow

Any time John

you can always get me back through this post with any follow up anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer !