Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.

Hyundai Sonata: My trunk will not open on my 2013 Hyundai Sonata.

My trunk will not open on my 2013 Hyundai Sonata. The release on the dash and on my key will not work. Key entry also will not work I tried entering from the rear seat but can not unlock the seats

If you have less than 36K miles, then the vehicle is still under warranty at the dealer. and this repair will be at no cost. The trunk latch on this vehicle is on a cable system, not electrical, so if it will not release at the lever, the latch itself is faulty, or the cable is binding (very unlikely) either way, I would recommend taking it to the dealer to be repaired. If you have more that 36K miles, I can give you the repair procedure on replacing the latch, just let me know if you need it.

Thank you for the positive rating. It is very much appreciated. Please let me know if I can assist further.