Chris, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a Master Certified ASE technician. ASE Certs A1-A9 & L1. I have been a general auto repair tech for over 18 years.

Hyundai Sonata GLS: 2002 hyundai sonata sound....the

2002 hyundai sonata sound....the unit itself seems to be operating just fine. Just no sound. It just quit all of a sudden

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I will try and assist you with your question.

Radios with no sound are tough to diagnose and most of the time could only be a radio problem. These cars came with two radios, one with an amp and one without.

If you check in the under hood fuse box there should be a slot 24 that is labeled Power Amp. There may or may not be a fuse there. Let me know and if there is then is the fuse good?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is a fuse in slot 24, it's marked power...I took it out and checked with a meter and it checked ok. There is also a fuse in slot 25 marked power amp...I checked it as well, and it also checked ok.

OK well this is what I have for Diagnostics for no sound.

It does not even cover the Amps so I will Opt Out and see if someone else might be able to assist you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I followed the flow chart procedures and everything seems to check out ok. Where is the external amplifier located? If it is ok, it would seem I have no choice but to buy a new radio.

My info is so bad It does not tell me the location.

The problem with buying a new radio is that it could be the amp that is bad.

I will opt out to see if someone else can help.

I just checked another source and the info is about the same.

I did find that the Amp should be in the right rear of the trunk.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, I'll check that out tomorrow. Thanks so much. If the amp is there and good, I'll go with the new radio, if I find out the amp is bad, then ill just get a new one.